About the Role
We are looking for a highly motivated recent PhD in Chemical and Analytical Development (CHAD) enrolled in our dynamic Early Talent Program (ETP) to support and expand the development of mixed modalities across the organization.
This program is designed to offer young talents unique insights into various areas of drug development. This year we provide the opportunity to work at the interface of biology and chemistry. Rotations within CHAD Basel from synthetic labs supporting route and process development of mixed modalities to the manufacturing pilot plant, with a strong focus on the downstream processing of oligonucleotides, will provide a comprehensive overview on how a research idea is developing to a market-ready drug. During these rotations, you will be exposed to current standards in safety, quality, training systems and good manufacturing practice (GMP). You will not only be able to transfer your theoretical know-how into practice, but also to develop your soft skills and grow your internal network for your future career in the Pharmaceutical industry.
Preferred start date / March 2024
Latest start date / April 2024
Duration: 24 month
We are looking for a highly motivated recent chemical or process engineering PhD to support and expand the development of mixed modalities across the organization. Your responsibilities will vary throughout the program stages and include:
• Drive scientific innovations, processes or products
• Develop and scale-up cutting-edge processes for the downstream purification of mixed modalities such as oligonucleotides and peptides.
• Plan and execute lab experiments
• Support scale-up activities, manage and supervise internal and external pilot plant campaigns, write regulatory relevant documents and interact with Quality Assurance (QA)
• Support standard synthetic and analytical development activities on portfolio relevant projects
• Communicate the results including thorough interpretation efficiently
• Become part of an interdisciplinary Team of Analysts, Chemists and Chemical Engineers
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
We are committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
• Preferentially, a completed PhD in chemical engineering or other relevant subjects in the field of engineering
• A sound background on typical purification unit operations such as chromatography, ultrafiltration, lyophilization, distillation and/or extraction.
• Basic theoretical and practical synthetic and analytical chemistry skills
• An excellent track record of original research
• Ready to work in international and multidisciplinary teams
• Open minded personality and "can do" attitude
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required
• Fluency in English
• Previous exposure to larger molecules such as peptides, proteins or oligonucleotides are an advantage
• German proficiency is a plus
Please submit a cover letter that includes your motivation for the position and from when you will be available. Thank you.
Why Novartis? Our purpose is to reimagine medicine to improve and extend people's lives and our vision is to become the most valued and trusted medicines company in the world. How can we achieve this? With our people. It is our associates that drive us each day to reach our ambitions. Be a part of this mission and join us! Learn more here: https://www.novartis.com/about/strategy/people-and-culture
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion / EEO:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Accessibility and accommodation:
Novartis is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to all individuals. If, be-cause of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, or in order to receive more detailed information about the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
Join our Novartis Network:
If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Why Novartis: Helping people with disease and their families takes more than innovative science. It takes a community of smart, passionate people like you. Collaborating, supporting and inspiring each other. Combining to achieve breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Ready to create a brighter future together? https://www.novartis.com/about/strategy/people-and-culture
Join our Novartis Network: Not the right Novartis role for you? Sign up to our talent community to stay connected and learn about suitable career opportunities as soon as they come up: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network